Designed for discerning ears that crave for satisfying bass with extraordinary detail, Vortex™ reference in-ear headphones feature Moshi Audio's proprietary RigidBody™ driver housing aimed to deliver fast articulate bass without distortion. The drive units consist of high-definition Neodymium grade drivers housed in Moshi’s proprietary sintered steel alloy which minimize cavity-induced colouration. This design not only vastly improves low frequency extension to provide deep, tight bass without distortion, but also renders silky smooth highs.
The Vortex boasts custom-made silicone earbuds designed with a hard center piece and soft outer dome for comfort and proper sound delivery. Since a tight seal between the earbud and your ear canal is essential for achieving proper bass response, and to further ensure a secure yet comfortable fit, Vortex comes with 3 different sizes of hybrid-injection silicone ear tips as well as a set of memory-foam ear tips (with hard stalk) for optimal listening experience, and uses a lighter cable that is less likely to pull the ear tips out of your ears. The earbuds are also colour-coded, so you can easily distinguish between the left and right buds.
The headset also includes an iPhone-compatible microphone and a button for answering calls on the fly while listening to your favorite tunes, with stop, start, and skip functions.
To obtain meaningful bass from any in-ear headphones, a tight seal between the ear tip and your ear canal must be achieved and maintained. Most in-ear headphones cables are much heavier than the individual driver unit, this constant weight-drag causes the drivers to fall out of your ears secure sealed position after awhile. Vortex's lighter cable/heavier driver weight distribution enables the drivers to fit securely in your ears even when the cable is fully extended.
Getting the best out of your earphones from Moshi Website
- Ears come in different shapes and sizes, make sure to pick the most appropriate ear tips for your ears. Try out all of them to see which ones give you the best seal of your ear canal. A good fit guarantees good bass output.
- To minimize microphonics effect, try wearing the earphones with cables going over your ears.
- High fidelity earphones require properly encoded music. Compression with bit rates higher than 192k or lossless source files recommended for satisfactory auditioning experience.
Using the MIC button (for iPod/iPhone and certain smartphones)
- During music playback, clicking the button once will pause playback, click again to resume.
- Double click the button to skip forward to the next song (FF), triple click to go back to the previous song (REW).
- For calls: click the button once to pick up the call. Click and hold the button for 2 seconds then release to decline the call.
- Call waiting: click the button once to put the first call on hold and switch over to the second call. Click and hold the button 2 seconds then release to end the first call and pick up the second call.
Using the carrying case
- To store the earphones, insert the earplugs into the left and right slots respectively, then wind the cables around the case as shown:
- To retrieve the earphones, start by pulling the cable and rotating the case. Then push out each of the earphones from their respective slots as shown:
- Technical Specifications
Colour Black Warranty 1 year (local) Product Type Earphone Style/Type Universal In-Ear Features Microphone Driver Configuration 1-driver (1 Dynamic) Headphone Design Closed-Back Cable Style Wired (for 3.5mm devices)
- User Reviews