The Sony PHA-3 High Resolution USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier can help reveal details and layers in the high resolution audio files stored on your PC, smartphone, tablet or music player. The unit converts Hi-Res signals (PCM up to 384 kHz/32 bit and DSD) from your device's digital output for you to enjoy through headphones. The D/A conversion technology provides a spacious, three-dimensional soundstage with clear channel separation over the amplifier's balanced output.
The device supports PCM files up to 384 kHz/32-bit resolution on a computer, up to 48 kHz/24-bit resolution on an iPhone/iPad/iPod, up to 192 kHz/24-bit through an optical link, as well as 2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz DSD files. It can deliver a frequency response of 10 to 100,000 Hz with 0.01% distortion into an impedance between 8Ω and 600Ω. When using the balanced output, the amplifier can supply a maximum of 320 mW (at 32 Ω at 1% distortion) to each channel of the stereo pair.
The combination DAC and headphone amplifier is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X computers and comes with: one digital cable for WALKMAN devices, one digital cable for Xperia mobile devices, two micro-USB cables, one stereo mini audio cable, two USB AC adaptors and four silicone belts.
- Technical Specifications
- Sony PHA-3 High Resolution USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier
- Digital Cable For WALKMAN
- Digital Cable For Xperia
- 2 x Micro-USB Cables
- Audio Cable (stereo mini)
- 2 x USB AC Adaptors
- 4 x Silicone Belts
- Warranty 1-Year Warranty
Warranty 1 year (local) Product Weight (g) 220 Style/Type Portable Features DSD, High-Res Audio, Line-in Input Connectivity 3.5mm stereo Output Connectivity 3.5mm Stereo, 3.5mm Balanced Additional Tech Specs
- Frequency range: 10 Hz – 100 kHz (AUDIO IN input) , Distortion 0.01 % or less (1 kHz)
- Supported impedance: 8 Ω - 600 Ω
- Maximum input: 2 Vrms (AUDIO IN)
- Maximum output (when using the built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery) Balanced connection: Approx. 320 mW + 320 mW (32 Ω, 1 % distortion), Normal connection: Approx. 100 mW + 100 mW (32 Ω, 1 % distortion)
- Output jack: 3-pole mini jack (BALANCED - Left / Right), Stereo mini jack (- NORMAL)
- Input jack/port: Computer/Walkman®/Xperia™ connecting port, iPhone/iPad/iPod connecting port, Optical input connecting port (OPT IN port), Stereo mini jack (Only a 3-pole stereo mini plug is supported. Other plugs, including 2-pole mini plug or 4-pole stereo mini plug, are not supported.)
- Power DC 3.7 V: built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery, DC 5 V: when charging via USB
- Dimensions Approx.: 80 x 29 x 140.5 mm (W/H/D, projecting parts are not included)
- Weight Approx.: 300 g
- Supported sampling frequencies / bit PCM: when connecting a computer: Max. 384 kHz/32 bit, when connecting iPhone/iPad/iPod: Max. 48 kHz/24 bit, when connecting optical link: Max. 192 kHz/24 bit; DSD: 2.8 MHz, 5.6 MHz
- User Reviews