Musicians Earplugs™ are custom high-fidelity earplugs developed by ETYMOTIC over 20 years ago, following president Dr. Mead Killion’s participation in a noise study for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. They are still the highest fidelity of any earplugs available. Musicians Earplugs are a custom product, made individually for each user. They can be purchased from licensed hearing professionals.
Musicians practice and perform in a variety of different settings. They are exposed to high levels of sound, sometimes for long periods and may require different amounts of protection depending on sound levels encountered during rehearsals and performance. Some musicians use one type of attenuator in one ear and one type in the other, depending on the source and location of the sound.
Musicians Earplugs™ filters have a diaphragm which functions as an acoustic compliance, while the volume of air in the sound bore of the custom earmold acts as an acoustic mass. The combination of the two produces a resonance at approximately 2700 Hz (as in the normal ear), which results in smooth, flat attenuation.
ER-9 provides flat 9-dB sound reduction through the mid range (through 2 kHz) and 15 dB in the highs (at approximately 8 kHz). It is the ideal attenuator for musical situations that may not require as much attenuation as the ER-15 or ER-25 filters provide.
ER-15 provides uniform 15-dB sound reduction across frequencies (from 125 Hz through 8 kHz). The most popular of the Etymotic Research flat response attenuators, the ER-15 is recommended as the first choice for hearing protection for musicians, whether they perform in the symphony or local rock band or they teach music at school.
ER-25 provides 25-dB relatively flat sound reduction across frequencies (from 125 Hz through 8 kHz). The ER-25 filter is recommended for situations where the ER-15 does not provide enough hearing protection.
- Reduces sound levels evenly so that music and speech are clear and natural, not muffled as with other earplugs
- Reduces risk of hearing damage for many noisy occupations and noisy venues, such as airshows, parades, athletic events and motor sports
- Enhances the music experience for audiences while protecting hearing
- Lets musicians hear their own instrument and their blend with others
- Regular use of these high-fidelity earplugs while practicing, performing and listening to music will protect hearing from the cumulative effects of overexposure to loud sound throughout life.
- A little time may be required to acclimate to these earplugs. Many musicians report that they hear their own instruments better, as well as the balance with those around them.
Which ER Filters is right for you?
- Technical Specifications
Warranty 1 year (local) Availability Preorder / Backorder (currently unavailable) Product Type Earplugs
- User Reviews