The amplifier is the heart of your system.
If you have a mechanical hum, deploy the DC Blocker.
Got big amplifier. Bye bye mechanical hum.
Many large amplifiers have a really annoying mechanical hum (emitted from the toroidal transformer itself).
You can hear it when you place your ear close or next to the chassis.
This is caused by a small amount of DC voltage in the mains which makes its way through to the mains transformer, it will become ‘saturated’ and start to hum like a trooper.
The DC Blocker is a clever device that you place at the IEC (at the rear power inlet) and as its name implies, it stops DC from getting into the amplifier. It therefore eliminates amplifier transformer hum.
All the benefits of cutting out annoying hum with no drawbacks.
- Intelligently stops any DC voltage from the mains to eliminate transformer hum
- EMI shielding is retained
- Equipment safety is unaffected
Behind every good component is a DC Blocker.
The bigger the amplifier, usually, the larger the toroidal which is susceptible to residual DC voltage. Just add the DC Blocker at the IEC to stop DC from getting in.
- Maximum rating >10A, continuous current rating 7A
- Small size, universal application, won’t block any other connectors, sockets, or cables
High-performance glass passivated semiconductor. High-case dielectric strength of 1500VRMS. UL listed. Flame resistant IEC socket/connecter/chassis (Fireproof polymers UL94-V0).
EMI shielding is retained.
The DC Blocker removes such DC and eliminates such mechanical transformer hum, makes the transformer operate at the optimum environment. With the DC Blocker, there is 0 DC pass through.
- ZERO DC Block technology Blocks incoming DC – up to 1,200mV
- Voltage rating 90 – 240 volts
- Maximum current rating > 10A
- Continuous current rating 7A
- Universal IEC Hospital-grade IEC connectors
- Dimensions 68 x 37 x 32 mm / 2.7” x 1.5” x 1.3”
- Weight 63g / 2.2oz
- Technical Specifications
Colour White Warranty 1 year (local) Product Weight (g) 63 Availability Available
- User Reviews