Link your music with refined sound
Get your music flowing with Bluetooth® NFC One-touch streaming. All your music will sound its best with S-Master digital amplification and Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE). So listen to tunes residing on your smartphone, tablet, PC or portable audio device with refined sound performance that you can take to any room.
Feel the music with 30W output, S-Master digital amplifier, 2.1 channel and dual passive radiators.
Make an instant connection with Bluetooth® using NFC One-touch to share music wirelessly.
Take all your music with you, thanks to a lightweight design and 8-hour battery life.
Engineered for exceptional sound
Where hardware, software and passion meet.
Experience 30W output power from a compact profile, with a built-in woofer plus two passive radiators for lively bass that packs a punch.
The 58mm woofer generates a deep low-end for bass.
Dual passive radiators produce deep, resonant bass despite the slim design.
Recreate the atmosphere
Premium full-range speakers provide clear response across the sound spectrum.
By eliminating analogue components in the feedback stage, the S-Master amp provides clarity and efficiency in amplification.
Developed to compensate for high compression in many digital audio files, DSEE enhances music by restoring high-end sounds.
ClearAudio+ optimises audio, so you hear all your music with clarity and separation.
Enrich all you listen to
DSEE restores quality to compressed audio files
Our ground-breaking Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) was developed to restore high range sound lost in the compression process to MP3 format. This results in rich, natural audio that replicates the original CD sound source.
High quality wireless audio streaming
LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth®. With three times the data transmitted, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
Enjoy one-touch wireless access, connect to all sorts of devices with analogue input, plug in to USB for charging, and even get hands-free communication with a connected smartphone.
Definitive Outline design
Engineered to impress, the SRS-X55 unites style with substance. Its accentuated perimeter is a signature of the Definitive Outline design, creating a sleek shape that harmonises beautifully with your space.
- Technical Specifications
- SRS-X55 Speaker Unit
- AC Adaptor
Colour Silver Warranty 1 year (local) Product Weight (g) 1200 Availability Discontinued Product Type Speaker - Portable (Battery Powered) Style/Type Portable Speaker Type Desktop Stereo Bookshelf / Satellite (Active) with Subwoofer Features Bluetooth, Line-in, Microphone, NFC Frequency Response (Hz) 60 - 20,000 Hz Output Power 30 W Battery Life (hrs) 10 Input Connectivity 3.5mm stereo Additional Tech Specs
- Frequency Response : 60 - 20,000 Hz
- Power On/Off : LED Operating Indicator
- Output : (AC) - Full-range: 5W x 2 + Subwoofer: 20W (Battery) - Full-range: 3W x 2 + Subwoofer: 14W
Inputs and Outputs
- DC-In : 15 V DC, Power Terminal
- Internal Microphone : Omni-Directional Electret Condenser (100 Hz - 7,000 Hz effective range)
- Audio In : Audio In: (3.5 mm stereo minijack)
Electret condenser microphone
- Power Requirements : DC IN 15 V (Using supplied AC Adaptor connected to AC 100 V - 240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz power supply)
- Battery Type : DC 15 V, Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Built-In)
- Battery Life (Approx) : Audio Playback: Approx 10 hours
- Power Consumption (in Operation) : 30 W
- Output Current : via USB-A: 5 V 1.5 A Max
- Output Power : Using AC adaptor: Full-range: 5W + 5W (at 10% harmonic distortion, 1 kHZ, 8 Ohms), Subwoofer: 20W (at 10% harmonic distortion, 100 Hz, 4 Ohms) Using internal battery: Full-range: 3W + 3W (at 10% harmonic distortion, 1 kHZ, 6 Ohms), Subwoofer: 14W (at 10% harmonic distortion, 100 Hz, 4 Ohms)
- Power Back-up : USB DC Out for charging smartphones (5 V, Max 1.5 A)
- Impedance : 8 Ohm
- Speaker Type : 2.1ch
- Sound Enhancer : DSEE, ClearAudio+TM
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approximately 8.8 inches x 4.8 inches x 2.0 inches (221 mm x 118 mm x 51 mm (w/h/d))
- Weight (Approx.) : Approximately 2 lb. 10 oz. (1.2 kg)
- Bluetooth® Technology : Bluetooth® Ver 3.0
Profile Support: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
Codec: SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Modulation Mode : FHSS
- NFC : One-touch Listening with NFC (Near Field Communications)
- Bluetooth® Technology : Bluetooth® Ver 3.0
- User Reviews
What's A Better Upgrade?