Music As The Artist Intended
Experience digital music to the fullest with High- Resolution Audio. By capturing music at a higher rate than CD, increasing both audio samples per second and the bit rate accuracy of each sample, HighResolution Audio offers an uncompromised rendition of an artist’s music. Savour every breath and subtle movement for a truly emotional experience.
Powerful Sound, Compact Body
With its 5-speaker units producing 90W power output, listen to music that’s closest to the real studio recording or live performance with the Hi-Res Audio (up to 192kHz/24bit) playback support.
Big, Bold Bass
Listen to bass response comparable to larger shelf systems through powerful woofer and dual passive radiators.
Crisp vocals and complex melodies emanate from two mid-range magnetic fluid speakers.
Highs in Harmony
For soaring harmonies and high notes, two super tweeters produce ultra-high frequencies that lesser speakers cannot.
More Realism Than Ever
S-Master HX™ digital amp technology, developed for Hi-Res Audio, reduces distortion and noise across a wide frequency range – for rich, full-bodied sound.
Upscale your existing music to near high-resolution sound quality with DSEE HX™ and feel as if you are at the recording studio or concert.
Fine tune music automatically with ClearAudio+™ and listen to music with clarity and separation.
Enjoy High-Quality Wireless Audio Streaming
Enhance your wireless listening experience with Sony’s new LDAC™ audio technology for high-quality wireless audio via Bluetooth® transmits 3x more data.
Support for LDAC
Bluetooth® connection for high-quality wireless audio.
AirPlay-enabled devices give more music options.
NFC™ One-touch and Bluetooth®
For wireless streaming, just tap your compatible device using NFC or connect with Bluetooth®.
Play your music from your home PC and server.
Hear Music in Any Room
Listen to the same great song around the house with Multi-room listening, controlled via SongPal. Link selected sound bars and speakers then stream music from different music services, a smartphone, a PC, or your DLNA network
Your Music United; Customised Listening with SongPal 3.0
Let the SongPal App bring all of your music together. Group selected Sony devices and navigate between music libraries and online providers.
Get More Music via Google Cast
Enjoy streaming services like Deezer, Google Music and TuneIn on your home speakers* with the new and easy to use Google Cast.
The elegant, minimalist, “Definitive Outline” design of the SRS-X88 is a perfect match for any interior theme or colour.
- Technical Specifications
- SRS-X88 Speaker unit
- Remote control (RMT-CX9)
- AC Adaptor (VGP-AC19V75)
- AC power cord
- AAA size batteries for the remote control (2 pcs)
- Speaker grille detach tool
Colour Black Warranty 1 year (local) Product Weight (g) 2700 Availability Discontinued Product Type Desktop Speaker (Active) Style/Type Desktop Speaker Type 2.1 Features Bluetooth, High-Res Audio Certified Frequency Response (Hz) 55-40,000 Hz Output Power 90W Input Connectivity 3.5mm stereo, USB Additional Tech Specs
- Antenna System : Retracting WiFi Antenna
- Frequency Response : 55-40,000 Hz
- Audio Format(s) Supported : USB A: Mass Storage Class (MSC) devices MP3 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48kHz 16-320kbps (CBR/VBR) AAC 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96kHz 16-320kbps (CBR/VBR) WMA 32/44.1/48kHz 16-320kbps (CBR/VBR) WAV 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz（16/24bit） AIFF 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz（16/24bit） FLAC 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz（16/24bit） ALAC 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz（16/24bit） DSD (DSF/DSDIFF) 2.8 MHz（1bit） USB B: PCM 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz（16/24/32bit） DSD (DSF/DSDIFF): 2.8MHz (1bit)
- Total (Reference) : Super Tweeter: 15W x 2 (at less than 10% harmonic distortion, 10 kHz) Full-range speaker: 15W x 2 (at less than 10% harmonic distortion, 1 kHz) Subwoofer: 30W (at less than 10% harmonic distortion, 100 kHz)
- Power On/Off : LED Operating Indicator
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s) : USB-A/USB-B 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX (auto polarity)
- Audio In : Audio In jack (3.5 mm stereo minijack)
- Power Requirements : DC IN 19.5V (Using supplied AC Adaptor connected to AC 100 V - 240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz power supply)
- Power Consumption (in Standby) : Less than 0.5 W Less than 6 W (during Bluetooth or Network standby)
- Power Consumption : 45 W
- Power Back-up : USB DC Out for charging smartphones (5 V, Max 2.1 A)
- Sound Enhancer : DSEE, ClearAudio+TM, and EQ via SongPALTM App
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approximately 14.3 inches x 4.4 inches x 4.1 inches (359 mm x 111 mm x 103 mm (w/h/d))
- Weight (Approx.) : Approximately 5 lb. 15 oz. (2.7 kg)
- Ethernet Protocol : IEEE 802.3
- Bluetooth® Technology : Bluetooth® Ver 3.0
Profile Support: A2DP, AVRCP
CODEC support: SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Wi-Fi : IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Modulation Mode : FHSS
- Security : WEP 64-bit, WEP 128-bit, WPA/WPA2-PSK (AES), WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP)
- NFC : One-touch Listening with NFC (Near Field Communications)
- Wi-Fi Compatibility : DLNA, AirPlay
- User Reviews
What's A Better Upgrade?